So I have been sick and didn't feel like doing much of anything so I could not wait to get this post out when I was feeling a little bit better. So I won the monthly Kraafters challenge for March from the Kraaft Shaak. Wooohoooo!!!! First time I won anything on the internet!!! What did I win you ask? I won an album that has a blank canvas on the cover. I was so excited!!!! Thank you so much Heather from the Kraaft Shaak!!!!!
For today's post, I wanted to do some fun messy painting with shaving foam!!!! I have been seeing this all over youtube and other blogs. Its actually pretty easy. So here is what I came up with.
- cheap can of shaving cream (don't use gel foam it won't work with paint or dye)
- paper towels
- a shallow pan or dish that will never leave your craft room
- something to mix your colors in the shaving cream. I used the end of one of my brushes.
- dropper or pippette
- baby wipes
- paint, sprays, ink, food coloring, the possibilities are endless
- palette knife or something to spread your shaving cream around in
I don't think I used enough ink here but it still worked. I just used the end of my paintbrush to make swirlies in the shaving cream.
In the next example, I switched paper and tried some old cardstock from Creative Memories. Again, I pulled it right back out once I knew the paper completely made contact with the shaving cream. I could see the color starting to come through to the back of the paper.
I wish you could see the shimmer in that gold and dark teal. These color bloom sprays are just gorgeous!!!! So let me know what you think!! I had a lot of fun making these. I will definitely be making more marbled paper again.